Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pizza Fun!

Well, I can't thank everyone enough for their support!

I posted my first product last night and less than 24 hours later, it has been downloaded over 20 times. That's crazy! That just goes to show you that this could be great! And it motivates me to want to crank out some more stuff to add to my store! :)

We are doing a review/wrap-up of economics this week.... well the next 3 days! In the past we have gone to Cici's Pizza and they done a great little economics lesson with the kids and let them make their own pizzas. They were no longer offering this to schools, which is sad because we loved it, so we took matters into our own hands. We decided to review resources and making a pizza as an entrepreneur, as well as some fun math review with the pizza theme.

One of the things I created was the these Pizza Fraction Cards. The cards have different "recipes" for a pizza broken down into fractions and the students will have to draw the pizza correctly on the recording sheet. It seemed like a  fun idea and when looking for something, I couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I just created it! I also made a sequencing worksheet for the steps to making a pizza and some elapsed time word problems dealing with pizzas. We are going to be brainstorming types of resources needed to make a pizza and then finishing with making our own pizzas! Going to be a fun little unit if I say so myself! I may post the other activities to my TPT store later, but this was enough for one day! :)

Pick up your copy HERE:  Fraction Pizza Fun and be sure to follow me so you can see when I add new products!

I'll take some pictures of the kids finished products once we have done the activity :)

Now I must go eat, shower and get ready for school tomorrow! YIKES! 18 days of winter break and back to school at normal time tomorrow is going to be rough- but I'll be glad to see my kiddos! :)

Britt

1 comment:

  1. Brit, this is so cute! I can't wait to use it in my classroom!!

    ReplyDelete