Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Hey You Guys!!!!!!!! (Yeah, it's me. I'm alive.)

So I may just be the worst blogger on the planet.

I took a little *break* from the blogging/TPT world the past couple months. I had a lot going on with my family, friends, school, testing, ETC. This just fell to the back burner. And now that it is summer, *ta-da* I have returned. Technically we are not on summer break yet, well I mean,  today was our last day of trainings.  So TOMORROW is the first official day of summer for us here! I do have to go clean out my fridge at school, but other than that, I'm FINISHED! I've decided to treat myself to a nice mani/pedi tomorrow after that- I think I deserve it after all this packing.....

I will say that even thought I wasn't blogging, I was taking pictures and jotting down post ideas in a notebook as I finished the year. I can't wait to share some of those ideas with you. Also, BIG NEWS, I'm moving to 5th grade next year. I have taught 3rd grade for my entire teaching career (except that one year in second, but I knew I was looping and going back to third....) so this is big for me. It's a huge jump and I will  be teaching my own class reading/writing and then I will be teaching math to all the 5th graders. This was something along the lines of what I probably looked like when my admin team approached me about the idea....

I am excited though and I LOVE teaching math, so look forward to a TON of math posts in the coming months because my summer is going to be spent learning all this 5th grade math content and figuring out how to teach math in one hour. And do it 3 times.... HOORAY!

I do have lots to do this summer: reading, gardening, painting, visiting some places around here, and re-organizing the house. I hope to spend a lot of time blogging and uploading stuff to my TPT store that I created this Spring. I also have to take the GRE so I can start Grad School AGAIN in the fall. It'll be a busy summer and go by QUICK since we only have 8 weeks. 8 weeks. MEH.

I'll leave you with this. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment